Highlands First Aid can now credit PD hours for:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation:
This will contribute 3 hours of NESA Registered PD
- Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting:
This will contribute 7.5 hours of NESA Registered PD
- Anaphylaxis, Asthma, & Choking – An Emergency Response:
This will contribute 1 hour of NESA Registered PD
1, & 2 addresses 4.4.2, & 7.2.2 descriptors.
3 addresses 4.4.2 descriptor from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher.
FIRST AID TRAINING
We would like to introduce Highlands First Aid Training Solutions.
- All our instructors have an Emergency Service background (and many with Paramedic experience).
- We teach Hands on Scenarios style of First Aid as opposed to just reading from a book. This means that competency is gained by completing hands on scenarios, as opposed to written exams.
- All our courses are Nationally recognised.
FIRST AID TRAINER EXPERIENCE
Our lead trainer Kiaran’s background is Paramedic with NSW Ambulance, and team leader in one of the states busiest Rescue Squads.
The Federal Health Department sends him to Adelaide and Darwin to teach Provide First Aid in Remote Situations to Health Department staff, and he teaches this course to the Rangers in Kakadu National Park.
He has recently been asked to join an elite team that teaches Trauma Care for the Combat Casulty to the Defence Force.